måndag 4 juni 2007

Damir Niksic: If I wasn’t Muslim



If I wasn’t Muslim (3:56) Text / Lyrics En musikvideo av och med Damir Niksic. Han är en bosnisk konstnär och muslim som sedan sju år bor i USA.

Damir Niksics introduktion till sången:

Dear God
Of all the continents on this beautiful planet,
You had to put my Bosnia in Europe.

I don’t mind living in Europe, please don’t get me wrong.
I don’t have any problems with that;
after all, this is the land of my ancestors,
But, as you can see, my European neighbors do.

It seems that You intended this continent to be Christian.
Then, what went wrong with your vast, eternal plan that you made us – Bosniacs – Muslims
And left us here forgotten?

(Gasp)

Up there, it is easy to sing
The Lord is the greatest – in every language of Earth!
But, down here, I have to be careful of who is listening
when I say - Allah u-akhbar or mashallah. (Whisper)

I know, I could leave and go live elsewhere, but how can a Bosniac continue to be a Bosniac without Bosnia?

Please Dear God,
Bring peace in the hearts of my dushmans and reason in their minds.
Don’t let them take our land, expel, or exterminate us all.
Let us keep our houses. Let us stay in our fatherland.
Let our children, and our children’s children enjoy and love our Bosnia as we do.
Don’t make them go through the horrors we went through just because
They call you Allah.

Besök Damir Niksics hemsida

Inga kommentarer: