tisdag 13 september 2011

Dagens citat

"Thank God I learned about Islam before I met Muslims"
Yusuf Islam

Källa: Why would I leave Islam? på bloggen Muslimah in progress. Några citat från blogginlägget:

"Why would I leave Islam? Well, part of me would say it's too damn hard. Waking up at godawful in the morning, having to pray five - five! - times a day. Making wudu. Walking around with my body parts dripping wet is not comfortable. Having to pray every day at set times. I don't even brush my teeth every day. Not being able to eat bacon.

/.../

I want to go out of the house and look like everyone else. I want to be invisible at Wal-mart so that the mean-looking lady doesn't give me the evil eye. I want to not have to worry about what's going on in someone's head when they see me. I'm not super self-conscious about it, but somewhere in the back of my mind is just the tiniest bit of awareness that some day, somewhere, some idiot might confront me or, worse, try to physically assault me, simply because of what I represent with my clothing. It'd be nice to not have to worry about that.

/.../

Sometimes I want to disassociate myself from Islam just because there are stupid, idiot, ignorant, jackass people who call themselves Muslim who say and do the most idiotic things. Afghans growing opium, honor killings, acid attacks, subjugation of women, female genital mutilation, corrupt governments, bribery, cheating in business, hypocrisy. As Yusuf Islam, the former Cat Stevens, is famously quoted as saying "Thank God I learned about Islam before I met Muslims". Frankly, sometimes it's just embarrassing to be identified as Muslim. It's like someone finding out you're related to one of the Kardashians or a serial killer.
"

Inga kommentarer: